Greek Cod Fish Cakes with Beer
- 500 g salt cod
- 2 medium red onions, grated
- 4-5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 can(s) beer
- 250 g self-rising flour
- lots of freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 6
1. Prepare the cod, in order to soak the salt out. Place it in a bowl filled with water and leave for 48h. Remember to change the water frequently.
2. Then flake the cod, removing the skin, and place it in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients leaving the flour for last. (In case you're in a hurry or just don't want to add the egg, you can omit it). Mix well, cover and leave the mixture to rest and the different flavours to mingle for 20 minutes.
3. Wet a spoon in water, take a spoonful of the mix and carefully place in frying oil. Saute'/ fry for a couple of minutes until golden and crispy. Remove and place on kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil. Serve with garlic sauce.