Fried Egg Curry/ Bengali Deem Bhuna
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium ripe tomato chopped with the seeds
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste ( I always have my pastes mixed together as it is of the most essential ingredients for curry)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt (or as you like)
- cooking oil (as per your choice, i really never measure oil)
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chilly powder/Paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Coriander finely chopped
1. Boil the eggs. Peel them and take a small knife and run a quick slit on three sides of the eggs for the herbs to go in while cooking.
2. Then marinate them with pinch of turmeric powder and salt
3. In a fry pan with little bit of oil, lightly fry the eggs and leave them aside
4. In the same pan pour in more oil, maybe 2 tablespoon and heat.
5. fry the chopped onions until lightly brown. Don't over brown it as we want them caramelized not fried!
6. Add the turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garlic ginger paste, black pepper and the green chillies and cook for few minutes. Reduce heat to low-medium to prevent sticking, or you can add little bit of water to it too. I did
7. Now more caramelized effect! Add the tomatoes and saute together until it looks like its caramelized.
8. Add the pre-fried eggs and and mix the caramelized onions and tomatoes with it.
9. Sprinkle the chopped coriander and serve