Lamb cutlets sauteed with rosemary
- 12 small new potatoes
- 8 lamb chops, 1/4 lb each (have your butcher chop them 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 Garlic Cloves, cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 Tbsp coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 Tsp cracked red pepper
1. Boil new potatoes in their jackets until cooked (approx. 15 minutes). Drain and set aside in a bowl.
2. Flatten chops lightly with a smooth-surfaced meat mallet, being careful not to splinter the bones.
3. Spoon oil into a large skillet, add garlic and turn heat to high. WHen Garlic begins to sizzle add lamb chops and rosemary leaves. Saute for 4 minutes. Turn lamb and sautee for another 2 minutes. Salte to taste and add cracked red pepper.
4. Remove lamb from pan and set aside. Slice potatoes in half and sautee them in pan juices over high heat for 5 minutes moving them around frequently. Return lamb to pan and sautee 1 minute more. Place lamb on a warm serving platter, top with potatoes and serve.