Mama's Family Leg of Lamb
Family recipe passed down from Anna Clancy Barnes to Catherine Barnes Hastie to Beth Martino Hastie
- 4-6 lb leg of lamb
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 c beef bouillon
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425.
Place garlic in slit pockets in lamb. Place lamb in baking pan and brown for 40 min., turning over half way through. (Cover if necessary for 5 -10 minutes to stop spattering.)
Lower oven to 325. Salt and pepper lamb and remove some of the garlic. Cook 30 minutes per pound.
Par boil (or microwave 5 min.) potatoes in some beef bouillon. Reserve broth for gravy.
One hour before done, add potatoes around leg of lamb and cover for 10-15 minutes to prevent turning black. Potatoes may be put in separate dish if they cook too fast.
Scrape everything from the bottom of the pan, including potato sticking.
You'll also love
- Olallieberry Jam 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Duck Breasts with Citrus Port... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Empanadas de Carne (Beef... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Braised Lamb Shanks with North... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Leg of Lamb in the Slow Cooker... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Roast Leg of Lamb with Apples and... 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe