Joy's Prizewinning Trifle
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 sprig fresh mint
Adapted from allrecipes.com
In a medium bowl, fold sour cream and unprepared pudding mix into the whipped topping.
Cut the cake into thirds, horizontally.
Line a large trifle or other glass serving bowl with kiwi and strawberry slices, reserving two whole strawberries and two kiwi slices. Place one layer of cake in bottom of bowl, top with 1/3 of bananas and pineapple, and 1/3 of whipped topping mixture. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used.
Make fan garnishes of whole strawberries by slicing from just below the stem. Garnish assembled trifle with fanned strawberries, reserved kiwi slices, and a sprig of mint. Refrigerate until serving.
PREP TIME 30 Min
READY IN 30 Min