Hawaiian Cake (or Trifle)
- 1 package yellow cake mix, plus ingredients on the box
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip) + ingredients on the box
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Adapted from southernkissed.com
1. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cool.
2. In a bowl, whisk together milk and pudding mix; let stand to thicken. Stir in pineapple. Sprinkle over cake.
3. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining topping. Spread over pudding.
5. Sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.