Fabio Viviani's Italian Wedding Soup
Ground beef, panko bread crumbs, and eggs make for delicious meatballs in this warm soup.
- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20)
- 2 ea. eggs
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup (to taste) extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cooking time 30mins
Saute carrots, onion and celery in oil until soft and starting to brown.
Add Chicken stock. Let the mixture reduce on high heat.
While boiling, mix beef, eggs, breadcrumbs and parmesan in a separate bowl to make meatballs. Form into ½ inch balls, and set on a baking sheet.
Cook meatballs on the baking sheet in 375F degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Add pasta to soup to cook.
When meatballs are cooked, add them to the soup.
Stir in the spinach to the soup.
Boil 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Warehouse's Wedding Soup 3.7/5 (18 Votes)