Soup/Cafe Latte's Chicken Salsa Chili
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 # boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp minced fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (28 0z) can whole tomatoes, undrained and broken up
- 1 can (29 oz) tomato puree
- 2 cans (15 oz each) dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 oz) hominy
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
To make chili: Warm olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Saute chicken until cooked. Cook for 3 minutes or until onions are tender. Add pepper flakes, garlic,jalapenos, chicken stock, chili powder, tomatoes and tomato puree, kidney beans and hominy. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
To serve: Add chopped cilantro and lime juice just prior to serving. Adjust seasoning to taste. Top with sour cream, chopped red onions, grated cheese and tortilla chips.