Indian Butter Chicken
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (225 g) cans peeled whole tomatoes ( with juice)
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 500 g diced chicken ( , breast or thigh fillet)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons crushed fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 cup basmati rice
1.Prepare basmati rice according to package.
3.In a large pan, heat the butter until it is frothy.
4.Add the onions and the cinnamon to the pan and fry lightly.
5.When the onions are soft, stir in the garlic and ginger, then add the turmeric, chilli and ground coriander, and saute over a medium heat.
6.Add the chicken and saute stirring constantly until the chicken meat turns white.
7.Add the ground almonds, tomatoes and tomato paste.
8.Mix thoroughly, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
9.Add the yoghurt and heat before serving.
10.Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
11.Serve on top of basmati rice.