Indian Butter Chicken
Easy, delicious, smooth & creamy.
- 4 bonless, skinless chicken breasts; cubed
- 1 can tomato paste; small can
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Garlic; minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger; grated
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Tumeric
- 1 tablespoon Fenugreek; (I use powder, but seeds can be used too)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper; or add more to taste, depending on how hot you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili powder
- Original recipe makes 4 Servings
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bigoven.com
Cook chicken in skillet over medium high heat until chicken is cooked through; set aside.
Turn heat down to medium and add tomato paste and heavy cream to skillet and bring to a simmer; about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the garlic, ginger and spices and continue to simmer for five more minutes.
Then add chicken back in and cook just to reheat chicken and coat it in the sauce. Serve over Basmati rice.