A spicy jelly - great with cream cheese and crackers.
- 4 or 5 Jalapeno or other hot peppers ( I wanted it hot so used 14 oz. of jalapeno peppers and 2 cayenne peppers)
- 4 medium green or red bell peppers ( I used 11 oz bell peppers)
- 1 cup white vinegar (5%)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 pouch liquid pectin (Must be liquid)
- 1-2 drops green food coloring
1. Put half the peppers and half the vinegar into a blender: cover and process until peppers are liquified. Repeat with remaining peppers and vinegar.
2. Combine the pepper and vinegar mixture with the sugar in a large saucepan and boil slowly for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Add liquid pectin and boil hard for 1 minutes
4. Skim foam off the top of the jelly and add a few drops of green food coloring. Pour jelly immediately into canning jars, leaving 1/4 inch of head space.
5. Wipe jar rims with a clean, damp cloth and secure lids.
6. Process the jars of jelly in a boiling water bath for 10 min.