CREAM CHEESE PEANUT BUTTER BALLS
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate chips
- 24 whole peanut halves (optional, for decoration)
Adapted from candy.about.com
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil, set aside.
2. Combine the softened cream cheese, 3 cups powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt in the large bowl of an electric mixer.
3. Mix the candy on medium speed for several minutes until the mixture is well-combined. If the dough appears to be too sticky, add the extra powdered sugar and mix until it is somewhat stiff but still pliable and not dry.
4. Using a teaspoon or a candy scoop, for the candy into small balls (about 1” in diameter or less) and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Place the candy in the freezer or refrigerator to chill until set, about 20 minutes in the freezer or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
5. Once you are ready to dip the balls, melt or temper the chocolate according to your preference. Make sure to melt the chocolate in short intervals in the microwave or over a double burner, so that it does not overheat.
6. Dip the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate using dipping tools or two forks. Return the dipped balls to the baking sheet, and while the chocolate is still wet, top each ball with a peanut half. Repeat with remaining candy.
7. Place the dipped candies in the refrigerator to set the chocolate. Store the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)