- 2 tablespoons tamarind concentrate (or 4 tablespoons lime juice)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar or sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or to taste
- 6 ounces rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 6 ounces shrimp, chicken or tofu
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime lime cut into wedges
Adapted from closetcooking.ziplist.com
Heat the tamarind, fish sauce, sugar and chili sauce until the sugar is dissolved.
Soak the noodles in water as directed on package until just pliable.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add the shrimp, shallots and garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add the sauce and the noodles and mix and move to the side of the pan.
Add the egg, let it set a bit and then mix it into the noodles.
Add the peanuts and bean sprouts and cook for a minute.
Add the green onions and cilantro and remove from heat.