HAWAIIAN WEDDING CAKE
- HAWAIIAN WEDDING CAKE FROSTING:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 (20 oz. or 540 ml) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup powdered (icing) sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Additional Coconut and chopped nuts for garnish (to taste)
Adapted from facebook.com
Mix all ingredients and pour into greased 13 x 9” pan.
Bake at 350 F degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool.
Blend well. Frost cooled cake. Garnish with chopped nuts, coconut or chopped fruit, if desired.
Note: the cake illustrated is a white cake. The wedding cake is deeper in color because of the caramelization of the pineapple.
1 tsp coconut extract in the cake
1/2 tsp coconut extract in the frosting.