Serving Size: 1 wedge
Nutrition Facts: CALORIES 286 (28% from fat); PROTEIN 4.7g; FAT 8.9g (sat 1.5g, mono 4g, poly 2.5g); CARB 48g; FIBER 1.5g; CHOL 27mg; IRON 1.8mg; SODIUM 155mg; CALC 35mg.
Cooking Light (Nov/Dec 1994)
NOTE: Use a pre-made pastry shell and skip to step #6.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided (1/4 c., 3/4 c.)
- 3 1/2 tbsp. ice water
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. vegetable shortening
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup low-fat granola (without raisins)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. Combine 1/4 cup flour and ice water, stirring with a wire whisk until well blended; set aside.
2. Combine remaining 3/4 cup flour, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water mixture; mix with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
3.Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on heavy-duty plastic wrap, and cover with additional plastic wrap. Chill 30 minutes.
4. Roll chilled dough, still covered, into an 11-inch circle.
5. Remove one sheet of plastic wrap; fit the dough into a 9-inch round tart pan coated with cooking spray, and remove top sheet of plastic wrap.
6. Sprinkle granola into pastry shell, using fingers to break up large pieces.
7. Combine maple syrup and next 4 ingredients; stir well with a wire whisk, and pour in pastry shell.
8. Sprinkle pecans over maple syrup mixture.
9. Place tart pan on a baking sheet; bake at 450 degrees, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until filling is set.
10.Let cook completely on a wire rack.