Grilled Chicken Burritos
The relish lends an old fashioned sweet and vinegary flavor.
- Sweet Pepper Relish
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely
- 1 serrano chile, seeded & chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ea red & green bell pepper, cored, seeded & chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 recipe Three Citrus Habanero Marinade (see below)
- 4 flour tortillas (8-10 inches in diameter
- 2 small avocados, halved, pitted, peeled & cut cross wise into 1/4 in wide slices
- Three Citrus Habanero Marinade
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 1/4 c lime juice
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 habanero chile, seeded & coarsely chopped (or jalapeno chile)
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
Prepare sweet pepper relish: In a medium size nonreactive saucepan, bring the vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, chile, cumin,salt and bay leaf to a boil over medium high heat. Add the bell peppers and onion stirring to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Discard the bay leaf, transfer the relish to a bowl, and cool to room temperature.
Place the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound to a uniform thickness. Put into a shallow nonreactive baking dish and pour the marinade over,turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 or up to 24 hrs. Preheat grill to medium and brush with oil.
Grill the chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Transfer to dish and cover.
Shred the chicken, place along the center of the grilled tortillas, and top with pepper relish, avocado and cilantro, roll up and serve.
You'll also love
- Peruvian Grilled Chicken With... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)