Vegetarian White “Chixen” Chili Recipe
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (which is about 12 nuggets) of thawed Vegan Chicken Nuggets, diced in to chunks (these are not breaded)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh green chile, chopped (you can substitute for 1 small can of green chillies with the liquid)
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 cans of Northern White Beans, with liquid
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 vegetable bouillon
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, mixed with a 2 tsp. of water
1. In a large pot, add the vegetable oil and heat on medium heat. Once oil is warm, add the vegan chicken nuggets and sauté for about 5 minutes. Next add the garlic, onion, jalapeño peppers, and green chile. Saute until the onions are soft and clear which should be another 5 minutes.
2. Add the oregano, black pepper, cumin, coriander, chili powder, cayenne pepper to the soy chicken and saute for another minute.
3. Next add, the northern white beans, vegetable broth, water and bouillon to the pot. Stir and cover and let simmer on low for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, add the cornstarch and water mix, stir, and continue to simmer on low for another 20 minutes.