Easy Pizza Sauce by Bobby Flay
You can use this Easy Pizza Sauce by Bobby Flay in many delicious recipes.
- EASY PIZZA SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- One 28-ounce can plum tomatoes with juices, pureed
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and chili flakes; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, increase heat to high, and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 20 minutes. Stir in basil; season with salt and pepper to taste.