Peanut Butter Chess Pie
Baked peanut butter pie is a creamy version than the fluffy whipped cream based peanut butter pies. I served this with my homemade chocolate sauce, and it got rave reviews.
- 1 unbaked pie crust (from scratch or from a refrigerated pack of two)
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick, melted
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 175mins
Adapted from crazyforcrust.com
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place pie crust in 9” pie plate and crimp edges as desired. Chill until ready to fill.
Whisk together butter and peanut butter. If the peanut butter is too stiff to whisk, microwave it for about 20-30 seconds. Whisk in eggs, sugar, cornmeal, flour, vinegar, and vanilla. Pour into prepared pie shell.
Bake for 35-45 minutes, until crust is browned and top of pie is browned. It will still jiggly slightly in the middle. Mine took 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, or chocolate sauce.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with strips of foil before baking. Remove about 15 minutes before the pie is done so that the crust will get golden but not too dark.
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips for a peanut butter chocolate delight!
You'll also love
- Chocolate Chip Chess Pie 3.8/5 (12 Votes)