Snow-Covered Macaroon Trees
Impress your Christmas guests with these adorable "snow" covered macaroons!
- 2 1/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners powdered sugar for dusting trees
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg white; add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly with your hands or a wooden spoon. (It's very stiff so I used my hands).
Using your hands, shape into 2-inch-tall trees, using your fingertips to make pointed tops. Place about 1 1/2" apart on the baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes, or until trees are firm and lightly browned.
Cool in pan on a wire cooling rack for at least 30 minutes. (I trimmed edges with a small, sharp paring knife).
Just before serving time, sift confectioners sugar over the top of trees.
You'll also love
- Tequila-Lime-Coconut Macaroon Bars 4.2/5 (20 Votes)