Tequila-Lime-Coconut Macaroon Bars
July 05, 2013
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Garnishes: powdered sugar, lime rind curls
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
Stir together 1 3/4 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
Bake at 350° for 20 to 23 minutes or until lightly browned.
Meanwhile, whisk eggs in a medium bowl until smooth; whisk in coconut, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar.
Stir together baking powder, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup flour; whisk into egg mixture.
Pour over hot crust.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until filling is set.
Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Lift from pan, using foil sides as handles.
Remove foil, and cut into bars.
Garnish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Macaroon Kiss Cookies 4.5/5 (114 Votes)
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Recipe 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage (Mom's) 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple glazed pork chops 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Tommy Bahama's Blackberry Berry... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemon Poppy Seed Protein Bars... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake/Coconut... 3.8/5 (44 Votes)
- Jicama with Berries and Lime 4.3/5 (9 Votes)