Mamaw's Cinnamon Rolls
I used my Mamaw's roll recipe to make up the easiest cinnamon rolls of all time! These are big and fluffy! Full of cinnamon flavor and the perfect amount of warm frosting on top! Watch out Cinnabon!
- 1 batch of Mamaw's Rolls dough up until the dough rises
- •flour for working the dough
- Cinnamon Filling
- •1 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- •1 cup butter softened
- •1/4 cup cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Icing
- •1/2 cup cream cheese softened
- •1/2 cup butter softened
- •2 cups confectioners' sugar
- •1 tsp vanilla extract
Adapted from realhousemoms.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease a 13x9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray, set aside
3. Sprinkle flour on your work surface
4. Once Mamaw's dough has risen and doubled in size punch it down and turn it out onto the floured surface
5. Form it into a log shape and then pat down to form a rectangle
6. Roll out the dough to 16 inches by 20 inches
1. In a medium bowl mix the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon until an even paste if formed.
2. Very carefully spread the cinnamon filling over the dough to all the edges but one long edge.
3. Starting from the long edge with the filling to the end start to carefully roll towards the edge with no cinnamon until you make a long log.
4. Cut the end of the roll off so that you end up with a flat edge on either end.
5. Cut 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch slices.
6. Pick up each roll and carefully tuck the edge with no cinnamon under the bottom of the roll and set it in the baking pan.
7. Repeat with all the rolls (if you have extra you can bake them off in a cake pan).
8. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Cream Cheese Icing
1. While the cinnamon rolls are baking start your icing.
2. Place the cream cheese and butter into the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the whisk attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the confectioners' sugar on slow speed until incorporated.
4. Pour in the vanilla extract and then beat until light and fluffy.
5. As soon as the cinnamon rolls are done place 1 teaspoon of the icing onto each roll and spread it so that it melts into the cracks of the cinnamon swirl.
6. Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for 5 to 10 minutes but not all the way then frost them with the remaining cream cheese icing.