Grilled Fruit Pizza
Grill It Magazine 2015
- 1 homemade pizza crust (See recipe (homemade pizza crust)
- 6 oz. marscarpone cheese
- 2 cups total grilled fruits (sliced strawberries, mangoes, peaches, watermelon, oranges, and/or pineapple)
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh basil leaves
Adapted from grilledsweetpizza01.com
1. For a charcoal or gas grill, place one homemade pizza crust on a grill rack over medium-low heat. Cover and grill for 1-2 minutes or until dough is puffed in some places and starts to become firm. (if crust is frozen, grill for 2-3 minutes).
2. Spread crust with mascarpone cheese and top with 2 cups total of some or all of these grilled fruits (sliced strawberries, mangoes, peaches, watermelon, oranges, and/or pineapple).
3. Top with fresh blueberries and fresh basil leaves.
4. Drizzle with honey.
Pineapple: Peel and core, then cut into 1/2" slices. Halve slices after grilling. 4-5 minutes.
Watermelon: Cut into 1/2" slices and remove rind. 3-4 minutes.
Oranges: Peel and slice into 1/2" thick slices. Remove any seeds. 1-2 minutes.
Strawberries: Hull and halve. If large enough place directly on grill. 1-2 minutes.
Mangoes: Seed and peel firm mangoes. Slice into wedges. 1-2 minutes.