Shrikhand puri is totally delicious & mouth watering dish.
- For shrikhand:
- 4 cups yogurt
- 2 cups sugar
- 7-8 saffron strands(kesar)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp almonds, pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- For puri:
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tbsp oil
- Water as required
- Oil to deep fry
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Hang yogurt in a muslin cloth, over night or all liquid from yogurt has
2. In a big bowl, add yogurt, sugar & mix well.
3. Dissolve saffron in warm milk & keep aside.
4. Tie a clean muslin cloth tightly over mouth of a large bowl.
5. Put thick yogurt over muslin cloth, in small quantities.
6. Rub mixture firmly over cloth, till whole yogurt is sieved.
7. Now add dissolved saffron, chopped almonds, pistachios, cashew nut &
cardamom powder in the yogurt.
8. Mix it well, refrigerate till cold.
9. Garnish with saffron, almonds, cashew nut.
1. Sieve the flour, add oil, salt in a bowl, mix well.
2. Knead soft dough with water. Cover dough with a cloth, keep aside for
3. Divide dough in small sized balls & roll out to make puris.
4. Heat oil in a pan, deep fry puris from both sides till light brown.
5. Drain on clean kitchen paper towels.
6. Chilled delicious, creamy shrikhand & hot crispy puri is ready to serve
for "Gudi Padwa".