Chocolate Alcohol Cake
- apricot brandy glaze:
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup instant pudding mix
- (bunt pan and greasing agent, either baking spray or shortening)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- chocolate frosting
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- enough kahlua to fill in the space between the chocolate chips (more can be added for smoother consistency
- butterscotch amaretto icing
- 1/3 about 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 tbs amaretto
Adapted from beguine.livejournal.com
reheat the oven to 350 F. Grease the bunt pan. In a small bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, stir to dissolve cocoa. Add rum and set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add eggs and cocoa rum mixture; mix with hand mixer. Add buttermilk, butter, and pudding mix. Mix thoroughly.
Add batter to bunt pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until fork inserted into cake comes out clean. Set cake to cool for about 10 minutes. Heat apricot preserves in microwave for about 1 minutes. Add brandy and stir. Remove cake from pan. Puncture cake with small holes. Brush apricot mixture over cake. Coat thoroughly. Any excess may be poured in center.
Melt chocolate chips+kahlua in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Stir chocolate until smooth. Spoon and spread chocolate over cake. Excess can again be poured in center Allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
Melt butterscotch+amaretto in the microwave. Drizzle over cake. Serve, scooping excess glaze and frosting onto plates as sauce if desired.