Chicken: Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Penne
Delicious and Easy!!! Makes a lot!
- Add at the end:
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10.5 oz.) cans cream of chicken soup (don't add water)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms (I use 8 oz fresh mushrooms)
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb. penne pasta (cooked according to package directions on the stove-top)
Slow cooker: 5 qt. or larger
1. Add the cream of chicken soup and chicken broth to the slow cooker, stir until smooth.
2. Add the thyme, pepper, mushrooms and onions. Stir
3. Add the chicken breasts.
4. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
5. After the cooking time is up, start cooking the pasta according to the package directions to
Al dente on the stove-top. Do not overcook!
6. Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
7. Add sour cream and half of the cheese. Stir.
8. Add the cooked and drained pasta and stir again.
9. Sprinkle over remaining cheese. Cover the slow cooker and cook for an additional 20 minutes on low.
10. Serve and enjoy!!!
Note: If you have extra picky eaters and want to omit the mushrooms and onions, add an additional 1/2 cup of broth. This will replace the moisture from the mushrooms and onions.