Rate this recipe 3/5 (3 Votes)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages of softened cream cheese (some friends use two packages of cream cheese and 1 – 8 ounce carton of sour cream, but it depends on preference)
- 1 package of Dry mix - Ranch Dressing (like Hidden Valley)
- 1/2 -3/4 can of beer for 3 packages of cream cheese ( Bud or a lager, full bodied beer, as opposed to a light will give you a better flavor)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (preferably finely grated)
- bacon bits, green onions (optional garnish)
Adapted from beautyandbedlam.com
1.Mix cream cheese, dressing, and beer til you reach your desired creamy consistency.
2.Then mix in 1/2 cup of cheese, leaving the remaining cheese to sprinkle on top.
3.Refrigerated overnight to let the flavors marinade or at least 3 hours before.
4.Before serving, garnish with bacon bits and green onions.
5.Serve with pretzels or scoops.
Review this recipe