Beef Barley Stew - Instant Pot
A hearty, health stew that makes a pot full!
I don't know why the picture is turned sideways...
- 1 to 2 pounds beef roast/stew meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 package onion mushroom soup
- Better Than Bullion – Beef to taste
- Beef Stock –add for as “soupy” as you like it
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Brussel sprouts, quartered
- Carrots, chunked
- Celery tops, chopped fine
- Cabbage, chopped fine
- Broccoli stems, chopped fine
- 8 ounces fresh baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup dry barley, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon honey, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Brown meat. Add garlic, onion, and cook a little.
Add water, bullion, soup mix, salt and pepper – beef stock as needed
Put in Instant Pot on High Pressure for 35 minutes
Natural pressure release 15 minutes
Add b. sprouts, carrots, celery tops, cabbage, broccoli stems, mushrooms, barley, and dried basil
Add beef stock as needed
Put in Instant Pot on high pressure for 11 minutes
Quick Release. Taste and season as needed. A little Cavenders is good! I also add about 1 tablespoon honey.
Serve with cornbread.