- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into slivers
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 pinch dried thyme and oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese
- Prep Time - 15
- Cook Time - 25
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place olive oil and butter in a heavy ovenproof skillet (or a well-seasoned iron skillet). Heat over medium heat until butter melts. Add green onions, bell pepper and garlic; sauté about 3 minutes. Scatter potatoes over all. Cover and cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
3. Whisk together eggs, cream, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. When potatoes are tender, pour egg mixture evenly over top of potatoes. Jiggle pan slightly to make sure eggs run down between potatoes.
4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top of eggs. Place pan in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until eggs are soft-set and cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Let stand about 3 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve with slices of crusty buttered bread and jam. Serves 6