- For the dip
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cups (12 ounces) grated cheddar-monterey jack blend, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely diced pickled jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- For serving
- Tortilla chips
- Sour cream
Preheat oven to 400°.
In a large bowl, combine the beans, rice, tomato, onion, 2 cups of cheese, jalapeno, and spices. Season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 10-inch cast iron skillet or round baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and take off the aluminum foil. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top and continue to bake until the cheese is melted, about 5 - 10 more minutes.
Serve warm with tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa.