Surprise Pumpkin Treats
A fun way to twist up the normal Rice Krispie Treat
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- OR -
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Food coloring (orange)
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 bite-size candies (such as peanut butter cups, chocolate-covered nougat bars or large gum drops)
- Canned frosting (green)
- 12 small green gum drops
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from mom2mycrazy2.blogspot.com
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day.
** I used Winco Bulk Rice Cereal **