Low Carb Pizza Cups
- 4 ounces (113.5g) regular cream cheese (not low-fat), softened
- 2 large (100g) whole eggs
- 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- 3/4 lb. (340.5g) whole milk, low moisture mozzarella, grated and divided
- 1 tsp (1g) fresh oregano, chopped
- 4 each (12g) garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces (112g) raw italian sausage
- 1 cup (230g) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup (28.4g) real bacon bits
- 24 thin slices (48g) pepperoni
- salt, fresh cracked pepper and chile flakes, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from djfoodie.com
Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and 1/2 lb. of the grated mozzarella, with the fresh oregano and minced garlic.
If you're not using a non-stick muffin pan, grease 12 muffin cups. If your trays are non-stick, don't worry about it.
Spoon equal amounts of "crust batter" into the base of 12 muffin cups.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges of the "crusts" begin to lightly turn brown. Remove from the oven.
At this point, with the back of a teaspoon, push the centers of the newly puffed crusts downward, making a bit of a well in the center, with higher "crust walls" around the rim.
In a saute pan, cook the sausage and break it up with a spoon, until it resembles cooked ground beef.
Fill the center of crusts' indentations with a spoonful of marinara sauce, and an even distribution of your toppings. Finally, dust the toppings with the rest of your two cheeses.
Bake for 12 more minutes.
Remove from the oven and let "rest" for about 10 minutes, prior to popping the pizza pucks from their trays and serving.
Calories Fat Protein Carbs Fiber SA's Net Carbs
Per Serving: 638.32 49.41g 39.64g 9.26g 1.38g 0g 7.87g