Croque Monsieur Pockets
- 1 c grated gruyere cheese
- 1 c deli sliced ham, chopped
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil for brushing
- All purpose flour for dusting
- 1 11 oz. tube refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 large egg
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Mix the gruyere, ham, mustard, nutmeg and cayenne in a bowl until combined. Squeeze together with your hands to compact.
Brush a baking sheet lightly with oil. On a floured surface, roll out dough and fill each pocket.
Place pockets seam side down on baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and bake until golden brown, about 15 mins.