Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 packets minute rice, optional
- 1/2 tablespoon (or more) sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, chopped
Adapted from thecomfortofcooking.com
Place chicken in Crock Pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
Remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
In a small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water; add to crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Cover and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Add cooked rice to 4 plates, top with chicken and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.