Carrabba’s Style Herb Mix for Bread Oil
- 1/4 cup basil, packed
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, packed
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, packed
- 4 cloves garlic slightly crushed
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Adapted from navywifecook.com
Combine the fresh herbs and garlic in a food processor. Pulse a few times to coarsely chop the ingredients.
Add the dried herbs, salt and peppers. Pulse several more times until you have a coarse, uniform mixture.
Stir in olive oil and lemon juice.
To serve, place half a teaspoon (or more if you like it strong) on a small plate and pour on some olive oil.
Serve with warm, crusty bread.
The herb mix freezes very well in an air tight container and will keep for months.