Traditional Club Sandwich
- Homemade Mayo:
- 6 pieces of sandwich bread, lightly toasted
- 4-5 strips thick bacon, crispy
- 6 ounces roasted turkey, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 4 leaves Romaine lettuce
- Mayonnaise, homemade is best
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Canola or safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
Take your first piece of bread, spread it with a good layer of mayo and then top it with some turkey.
To the turkey, add the lettuce and your second piece of bread.
Spread the top of the second piece of bread with mayo.
Then add your tomato slices and bacon.
Top that whole thing with your third piece of bread with, you guessed it, more mayo on it.
Then skewer the corners of the sandwich to hold everything together.