Mexican Fiesta Salad
- 2 cups dried penne or rotini
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream (use vegan)
- 1/3 cup mild or medium chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium plum tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)(use vegan)
.Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the corn the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and corn. Rinse with cold water; drain again..
.Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, salsa, cilantro, and lime juice. Set dressing aside..
.In a large bowl combine pasta mixture, black beans, tomatoes, zucchini, and cheese. Pour dressing over pasta mixture. Toss lightly to coat. Serve immediately or, if desired, cover and chill. Makes 4 servings.