1 1/2 cups = 7 points
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup liced fresh or thawed frozen okra
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (5oz) skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (1/4 lb) piece reduced fat kielbasa, cut into 8 slices
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, celery, scallions, and garlic; cook stirring until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, okra, thyme, bay leaf, and cayenne; bring to boil. REduce heat and simmer covered for 20 min.
2. Stir rice into soup; simmer, covered 15 minutes. Add shrimp, chicken, kielbasa.
Simmer covered until shrimp are just opaque in center, chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, about 5 min. Discard bay leaf.