Pizza In A Pot
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 can crushed tomatoes - (28 oz)
- 1 can chili beans - (15 1/2 oz)
- 1 can black beans - (15 oz) rinsed and drained
- 1 can sliced ripe olives - (2 1/4 oz) drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to Slow cooker. Add the next 13 ingredients; mix well. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until slightly thickened.
Discard bay leaf. Stir before serving over pasta. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese if desired.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.