Christmas Candy Cookies Recipe
These Christmas Candy Cookies are great! They're so good, I'll be making them every Holiday season from here on out. Don't forget to make some extras for Santa, he loves them too!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) mini red and green M&M's or Heath baking bits
- Additional Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
In a bowl, cream butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and extract; mix well.
Combine flours, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
Stir in almonds and candy. Chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar.
Place on un-greased baking sheets. Flatten with a flat-bottomed glass.
Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool on wire racks.