- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 3 whole cloves or dash ground cloves
- Nut Filling
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Sliced Blanched Almonds
- 1/4 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Walnut Halves and Pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt, if desired
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers Butter Tastin'® refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 8 (2 3/4x1 1/4-inch) nonstick muffin cups with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
2. In 1-quart saucepan, mix syrup ingredients; heat to boiling. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Discard whole cloves.
3. Meanwhile, in food processor bowl with metal blade, place filling ingredients. Cover; process with on-and-off pulses until finely chopped. Set aside.
4. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 3 layers. Place 1 biscuit layer in bottom of 1 muffin cup. Brush dough with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup. Place second biscuit layer on top; press edge of second biscuit into side of bottom biscuit. Brush with syrup; top with 1 1/2 teaspoons nut filling and drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup. Top with third biscuit layer. Brush with syrup; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon nut filling. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Reserve remaining syrup (about 1/2 cup).*
5. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove from pan. Serve warm with remaining syrup.