Scrambled Tofu Burritos
- 14 - to 16-ounce tub soft or firm (but not extra-firm) tofu
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance or other vegan buttery spread
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite variety—try black bean and corn,
- cilantro-garlic, chipotle, etc.)
- 1/2 teaspoon good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- Six 8- to 10- inch soft flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (approximately) vegan cheddar or nacho cheese
Adapted from vegkitchen.com
rain the tofu and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Blot well between layers of paper towel.
Heat the Earth Balance in a medium skillet. Add the tofu and mash with a potato masher or large fork.
Stir in the salsa and curry powder, then cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until well heated through. Turn the heat up and cook a little longer if there is excess liquid in the skillet that needs to evaporate.
scrambled tofu burrito. Divide the scrambled tofu mixture among the tortillas, placing it the center of each in a kind of oblong mound, leaving room at each end. Sprinkle some cheese over the tofu (about 3 to 4 tablespoons for each tortilla).
Microwave each for 30 to 40 seconds, or arrange all of them open-faced on a baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven until the cheese is melted. Fold two ends over the tofu mixture, then roll up the rest. Repeat with each burrito, then serve at once.