- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp grated fresh peeled gingerroot
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/1 /4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped crystallized ginger
Heat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 5 foil mini loaf pans with baking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda and salt.
In a 3 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add molasses, brown sugar and gingerroot. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove saucepan from heat.
Whisk in milk and eggs. Whisk in flour mixture until batter is smooth. Pour batter evenly, filling pans about 2/3 full. Place pans in a jelly roll pan.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 20 minutes.
In small bowl, whisk confectioners sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth. Spoon glaze over tops of breads, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Let stand until cool.