- 2 eggplants – peeled and cubed
- 2 stalks celery – chopped
- 4 cloves garlic – chopped
- 5 red bell peppers – roasted and sliced (seeds removed)
- 1 large onion – sliced
- 2 tablespoons – capers plus 2 tablespoons caper juice
- 3 tablespoons olives – your choice (pitted)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 jalapeño – chopped with seeds
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar plus 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the cubed eggplant and sauté until slightly golden. Add the onion, celery, jalapeño and garlic and continue to sauté until softened.
Add the sliced peppers, raisins, capers, olives and toss.
Add the seasonings. Combine the vinegar with the salt and sugar and stir. Add this to the pan and toss.
Turn off the heat; drizzle with a little extra olive oil and let cool a bit before serving.