- 6 boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs, (even better, use panko breadcrumbs)
- 1 ⁄4 cup (up to 1/3) parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 ⁄2 tsp (up to 1) black pepper, ground
- 1 ⁄2 tsp (up to 1) garlic powder
- 1 cup prepared ranch salad dressing, (use bottled salad dressing, you might need a bit more dressing)
- 1 ⁄4 cup butter, melted (no substitutes)
Adapted from kitchme.com
Set oven to 400° degrees (set oven rack to lowest position).
Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
In a shallow bowl mix together the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Dip the chicken into the ranch dressing to coat both sides (allow any excess to drip off).
Coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
Place in a single layer onto a greased baking sheet or line with non-stick foil (do NOT bake in a smaller baking dish or the bottom of the chicken will be soggy).
Lightly drizzle the melted butter over each breast (for low-fat option omit the butter or use a diet alternative).
If desired you can sprinkle black pepper over the chicken pieces .
Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked).