Tina's Pot Roast
Taste of Home - Nov 2013
- 1 TBSP Canola Oil
- 1 boneless Beef Chuck Roast (3 lbs)
- 1.5 Cups water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 lbs medium potatoes (about 9) peeled & quartered
- 1 lb medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 180mins
Preheat oven to 325`
In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides.
In a small bowl, whisk water, garlic powder, pepper & gravy, dressing &
soup mixes until blended; add to pan. Bring to a boil. Bake, covered, 1.5 hours.
Add potatoes and carrots; cook 1.24 to 1.5 hours or until meat & vegetables
are tender. Skim fat if necessary.