Philly Cheesesteak French Bread Pizza
- 1 loaf crusty French bread, split in half lengthwise and scooped out to create a well
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 rounded tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 bags Chef Blends 4 Cheese Pizzeria Shreds
- 8 ounces thinly sliced medium-rare roast beef, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) Italian parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Place the bread halves on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
In a small saucepan, heat EVOO over medium heat. When oil starts to ripple, add in bell peppers, onions and garlic; cook until soft. Add butter to veggies then sprinkle in flour to create a roux. Stir for about 2 minutes then slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly.
When sauce is thickened, remove from heat. Add half the cheese; stir gently until it is melted. Let sauce cool about 10 minutes then pour over toasted French bread crusts.
Layer roast beef across pizza crusts and top with remaining cheese and mushrooms. Bake 10 minutes, or until cheese starts to bubble and brown.
Serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley.