Black And Blue Caesar Salad
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese - (abt 1oz) divided
- 1 1/4 cups large croutons divided
- 3 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing
- 3 slices Roma tomato
- 1 sirloin steak - (6 oz)
- 2 tablespoons margarine melted
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning - (to 2)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked diced bacon heated
In a large bowl, sprinkle about half the Parmesan and half the croutons over romaine; add dressing and toss well. Place in a chilled pasta bowl or large soup plate; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, creating a "snowcap" effect. Add tomato slices on one side; refrigerate.
In a very well-ventilated area or outdoors, heat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Brush one side of sirloin with melted margarine; sprinkle to taste with Cajun seasoning. Place seasoned-side down in skillet. (Caution: There might be a slight flame when meat is placed in skillet.)
While first side is cooking, brush second side with melted margarine and sprinkle with additional seasoning. Cook about 2 minutes; turn and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or to desired degree of doneness. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.
Fan sliced steak over salad; top with blue cheese, bacon and remaining croutons.
This recipe yields 1 main dish serving.