Blue Ribbon Fudge (Cook's Country)
- Stir the fudge constantly to prevent scorching. This fudge can be made in either a glass or metal baking dish.
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped coarse
- 1 (8 oz.) jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
Adapted from cookscountry.com
1. Line 12 by 9-inch baking dish with 2 pieces of foil, placed perpendicular to each other, let edges of foil overhang pan.
2. Bring sugar, evaporated milk, and butter to boil in large, heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce to simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is light tan in color and registers 234 degrees on instant-read or candy thermometer, 7-12 minutes.
3. Take pan off heat, stir in walnuts, Marshmallow Fluff, and vanilla until uniformly combined. Let mixture cool to 200 degrees, about 7 minutes.
4. Stir in chocolates until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate, uncovered, until firm, about 4 hours. Using foil overhang, remove fudge from pan and cut into squares. (Fudge can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 month.)