Next time your family ask for pasta, cook up some vibrant, Spanish-style sauce for spaghetti. This zesty meat spaghetti sauce gets a boost of Spanish flavors.
- 1 tablespoon. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 1/4 pound country ham, cut into 1/4” pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 cans GOYA® Tomato Sauce, 8 ounces
- 1/2 cup GOYA® Sofrito
- 2 tablespoon GOYA® Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA® Oregano
- 1 packet GOYA® Sazon with Coriander & Annatto
- 1/4 cup GOYA® Manzanilla Olives Stuffed with Minced Pimientos, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
Adapted from goya.com
Heat olive oil in 12” skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, breaking up with wooden spoon, until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer beef to plate; drain and discard but 1 tbsp. fat from pan; reheat pan over medium heat. Add ham; cook, stirring occasionally, until ham is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add tomato sauce, sofrito, garlic, sugar, cumin, oregano, and sazón to pan; cook until tomato sauce mixture begins to bubble. Stir in reserved beef, olives, ¼ cup cilantro and Adobo. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens and flavors come together, about 8 minutes more. Stir in remaining cilantro.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions; strain pasta, reserving 1½ cups pasta water. Add spaghetti and reserved pasta water to skillet with sauce over medium-high heat. Using tongs, toss spaghetti with sauce until well combined and sauce coats spaghetti, about 3 minutes. Serve with Parmesan cheese.